Learn about Capitol Hill's historic places while you color them in our new coloring book!
Beautifully drawn by local artist Anjl Rodee from historical photographs, and present-day photographs captured by Wayland Wasserman who grew up in the neighborhood.
Each image includes a brief caption telling its history. Captions were written by the CHHS Board of Directors and friends.
Book includes 11 colorable images. Book dimensions are 8.5" x 11"
Images in order of appearance:
- First African Methodist Episcopal Church (1522 14th Ave)
- Cayton Home (518 14th Ave E)
- Gaslight Inn (1727 15th Ave)
- Saint Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church (1714 13th Ave, misprinted as 1522 14th, we sincerely regret the error!)
- Roy Vue Apartments (615 Bellevue Ave E)
- Dorian House (320 Malden Ave E, demolished)
- Waitresses Union Recreation Home (1227 20th Ave E)
- Black Sun (Noguchi Sculture in Volunteer Park)
- Seattle Automobile Company (1101 E Pike St)
- Volunteer Park Water Tower
- Oak Manor (Anhalt building, 730 Belmont Ave E)